Monday, April 6, 2009

I Passed!

I know we haven't been very good at posting.  Sorry about that.  I don't think I will be much better in the short term, considering my schedule for the next couple of weeks (finals season).  But I thought I would take the chance to share some good news.

I finally recieved the results of the Multistate Professional Rules Exam that I took on March 7th.  I'm not sure why it takes a month to get results for a test taken on scan-tron sheets, but what can you do?  The scaled scores range from 50-150, and Michigan currently requires a score of 85 to pass.  I scored a 110.  What this means, exactly, I'm not sure, except that I passed on my first try.  So that's awesome.

For anyone who I didn't explain it to before, the MPRE is sort of like the  first part of the Bar exam.  It covers the Model Rules of Professional Conduct (the law of being a lawyer).  It covers everything from conflicts-of-interest to advertising rules and everything in between.  You have to pass it to be admitted to the Bar in any state.  

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Glad that it went well, and also, good luck on the rest of your finals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Jim! That's great news!

    ReplyDelete