Monday, January 19, 2009

And...I'm Back

Let me first echo Jill's thoughts on her neighbor, John, passing away. He was a great guy who was always happy to chat or loan a tool or give advice. He had a relaxed attitude about life that always made you realize, hey, it could be a lot worse. "Whaaaatever..." he'd say, smiling away all the while. I was really looking forward to calling him a neighbor. May God bless him with peace, and his family with happy thoughts and memories.

It's impossible to think of a way to transition to lighter thoughts, so I'll just do it.

I realize that taking a week off from blogging will result in long posts that nobody wants to read. So, I'll try to keep this one short and post more frequently in the future.

Classes started a week ago today, and I think this should be a good semester. For any interested parties, my class schedule is:

Monday (6:00 PM - 9:00): Secured Transactions (creation of and issues surrounding debt)
Wednesday (9:00 AM - 12:00): Business Organizations (Partnerships, Corps., LLCs, etc.)
Wednesday (6:00 PM - 8:00): Health Law (EVERYTHING health related)
Friday (9:00 AM - 12:00): Wills, Estates, & Trusts (the probate system)

On top of those classes and the requisite homework each carries, I am also responsible for checking footnotes for the Law Review per my duties as an "Associate Editor." Hopefully, that won't be more than a 15-20 hour a week commitment.

Overall, I think this should be a good semester. My professors all seem like good teachers, which, as the last 19 years of school have taught me, is never a given. Three of my five grades are in from last term, the most exciting being that A- I got on my article, "Credit Where Liability is Due: The Need to Impose Vicarious Liability when Employees Obtain Credit Reports for Impermissible Purposes." I know - it's a mouthful! I recieved a B- in both Taxation and Constitutional Law I, which I'm content with, considering that I thought I failed Tax and the professor for Con Law was aweful. With any luck my last two grades will be better and save me from missing the Dean's list for the first time at Cooley, but it was a really tough term. I'll keep y'all updated.

Otherwise, nothing major going on. Had a blast on Friday at the Grand Rapids Griffins (the Detroit Red Wings' AHL affiliate, for those of you who don't know) game. The lost in a battle against the team they were tied with for the division lead, but it was $1 hot dog and $1 beer night, so Jason, Brad, Mike, and I had a great time regardless. The four of us have mini-season tickets (8 games over the course of the season) in a section where everyone else has the same ticket plan. Needless to say, we all get pretty rowdy together and have a good time.

I think that's it. I'll try to do better next time, knuckleheads. (extra points if you can identify that quote).

1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure I even understand the title of that article...

    ReplyDelete