Sunday, January 18, 2009

Sad news...

Got some sad news today from one of our neighbors... Our next door neighbor John passed away this week. He was only 58, and I am told he had cancer which progressed very quickly. I wondered why I hadn't seem him much this winter... He was such a kind man, always up for a chat. He knew a ton about my house, and was very quick to lend a helping hand or tool. He even insisted on picking up the leaves from "his tree" that fell in my yard! Does anyone have any suggestions of what I could get/do for his wife? There have been tons of cars there this weekend, but I'm sure they won't be there forever... I thought about offering to watch their dog, but it is actually one of their kid's dogs that they are watching for an extended period of time... Any suggestions? - Jill

2 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear this. He was a good neighbor to you. Maybe you could bake something and take it over or make a donation in his name.

    Love,

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Aunt Helen...maybe make a lasagna or some soup...something easily reheated.

    ReplyDelete